Sunday, June 5, 2011

drip irrigation system

Adam, star volunteer, cutting sections of
the 3/4" polytubing to put together the
main lines.  The system has three separate
sections to maximize flow rate.
Here we go into the world of drip irrigation.  I have to say that I have a love/hate relationship with irrigation (and when I speak of irrigation- I only have worked with drip so I won't even get into my feelings about other types of irrigation).  I love drip irrigation because of its efficiency and water conservation capacity.  I hate it because I spend hours trying to figure out why certain components are leaking.  In the end, I have loads more love, for sure.


Check out the photos for detailed info and if you have questions please don't hesitate to contact me!




Here you can see the valve on the 3/4" polytube, which is
one of the three sections.  You can also see the attachment
with which the T-tape is connected. Each attachment has
a valve to be able to select which rows can be watered.

Becca is demonstrating how we roll out
the T-tape.  Brilliant.


The finished product! We actually aren't finished yet...
there are a few leaks that we have to deal with, but we are on
our way!  and those are tomatoes under remay on the left!

No comments:

Post a Comment